Mon, 15 Apr|
The Living Mountain Retreat, Cairngorms National Park
On this retreat to the Cairngorms National Park, we will place foot over foot, using Nan Shepherd's words to step us both outside of ourselves and deeper within.
Time & Location
15 Apr 2024, 16:00 – 19 Apr 2024, 10:00
Nethy Bridge, Nethy Bridge PH25 3DG, UK
About the event
Of walking in the Cairngorms, Nan Shepherd once said 'my eyes were in my feet'. For those who have experienced that feeling, you will know that walking is not just a means of travel but, when walking as Nan did, a guide within itself. On this retreat to the Cairngorms National Park, we will place foot over foot, using Nan's words to step us both outside of ourselves and deeper within. We will come together in community; walking, cooking, and circling together. Being held by this breathtaking landscape and connecting to sound, silence and wilderness. With the Cairngorms as our guide we hope to discover, as Nan did, that 'to aim for the highest point is not the only way to climb a mountain'.The Details Come write rest and retreat with us in the wilds of The Cairngorms National Park, Scotland. Over five days and four nights we will come together in reconnecting with the land, ourselves and each other through sound, silence, wanderings, wonderings and the writings of Nan Shepherd.
What to expect:
- 4 nights accommodation close to Nethy Bridge within the Cairngorms National Park
- Guided walking in the Cairngorms National Park led by a global expedition leader
- Gentle standing yoga and Qigong
- Nourishing gong baths
- Sound and vibration
- Writing and circling
- Exploration of self, landscape and community through Nan Shepherds' book The Living Mountain.
- Medicine walk
- Hot tub
- Outdoor Shower
- Wild Swimming
- Plenty of time for personal reflection
- Breathtaking wild landscapes
- A chance to be in community with other adventurous soulful women